Friday, January 29, 2010

I talked to Margaret this morning and she was waiting for the doctor to come in and see her. She wasn't sure if she was getting out today not where she was going from there. She promised she would call me when she knew when or where but I haven't got any new news as of yet. It was fairly early when I called her but Norm was there and Sabrina had already come and gone. She must have come by on her way to work. Sabrina called me last night and said it looked like Margaret would be going to a rehab facility when she gets released from the hospital and they're not sure when that will be. She was sorta upset because the doctor didn't do a bone density test before the surgery but Margaret hasn't mentioned it to me. Margaret and Norm's house is a split-level so Norm has had the stairs fixed so she can get in and out of the house. She can sit on something and electrically go up and down the stairs.
I waited and finally just called her. She didn't sound too upset though she doesn't get to leave there today. She's not for sure if she's going get to go home but she too, like Sabrina, thinks she'll go to a rehab facility. She knows the intensive therapy will be helpful but says she's dreading it. She believes it may be a place in Ofallon called Delmar Gardens. If that's it, it's fairly close to Norm and the kids.
Yesterday was a busy day for me even though it has been cold in Missouri. Goldman and I went to lunch. Then Ding and I went to dinner. Rose, Shirley, and I all three got emails from Brayden. Mine said "Hi, Granny". Rose's said "Hi Rose". Shirley's said "Hi, Shirley". He's a man of few words. Goldman didn't get one and got his feelings hurt. Bet he gets one next time.
Shirley got the big bandage off her carpal tunnel surgery on Tuesday and was much relieved that it's off. The surgeon put much smaller bandages on the 'wound' and she was let them just fall off which he said should take about a week. It took two days! She is much relieved that she can drive again after he removed the big bandage. I don't know if he removed the stitches or they come out naturally.
It's been cold with some little bit of snow most of the week and is going to stay that way all weekend. I'm ready for spring and am really looking forward to the lake house. Seems nice weather is really late coming.
I'll keep you posted on Margaret. Rose and I are going to see her sometime over the weekend wherever she is. Rose has been busy with clients and of course I don't drive. Her kids and Norm keep the road 'hot' I think between their houses and the hospital.

No comments: