Monday, January 04, 2010

I thank Janet again for sending the Idaho Christmas happenings. Pete had told me a lot last week on his weekly call, but I'm forgetful and get days and events mixed up. Now we have it in writing, so to speak. I just looked at last year's 2L's posting and would love another 2009 like the 2008. Jana and John are coming over from Kansas this weekend, and I hope to get a Kansas update. Then we'll have them all.
We had a busy weekend. Scott and Beth brought Brayden and Jalen over from Louisville on Friday evening. Besides bringing both boys, they brought some of Beth's delicious dessert. We were so glad to have both boys. Scott and Beth turned around and went right back to Louisville. She had a catering order that she delivered here in St. Louis. It was certainly convenient for us.
Saturday morning Karen came over to get some stuff she had left including gift pants for me that were too small. (Pete could hardly believe that when I told him tha I got pants that were too small. Beth's dessert didn't make the pair I got fit any better.) We really enjoyed seeing her.
The boys were wanting to go to Sky Zone that afternoon. Rose had a client, and so we called Goldman to the rescue. He came right away. His Suzanne works on Saturday. He is pretty well over his cold and fever of his Christmas break, and the break was over today. He also took the boys to McDonald's.
While they were gone my long time friends , Dave and Liz, came for a long awaited visit. They couldn't go to dinner because they had a party to go to, but we made plans to go out the weekend of ML King's birthday. Liz has almost 30 years in with GMAC, but the company has changed the rules about retiring and insurance, so the date for her early retirement is in question. Dave is self-employed. One of their sons is about to become a chiropractor. (I wasn't even sure if I could spell it right.)
It's been so COLD in Missouri! When Pete called yesterday it was about thirty in Idaho while it was 5 degrees here. This morning it's warmed up to 6 but the windchill is minus 9. Joe says they have about 3 inches of snow in Springfield. We only have a scattering here. I don't think it's going to melt soon. It's so cold that Rose and Shirley taped a blanket over the fireplace. We use our heating pads every night. Ding, Mad Dog and Goldman have been wearing socks which they don't usually do.
More later but it's breakfas time.

No comments: