Thursday, January 07, 2010

Just a short post post this morning. We have snow this morning but not as much much as they predicted, I think. Needless to say, it's cold and neither Rose nor I have been outside to see.

(Rose went out and got the paper and said we do have as much as predicted.) Goldman and I went out to dinner last night. His Suzanne couldn't join us but we'll go again when she can join us. Ding and I usually go out to eat on Thursday, but he's on call tonight and the streets are probably bad.


Tuesday was a long visit with the neurologist. (He is the one from southern Missouri.) They did an EKG, took several tubes of blood, a urine specimen, weighed me, took my blood pressure and temperature. I probably forgot something. We were there three hours. Half an hour was in the waiting room. These tests were for the trial med that I'm taking that may actually be a placebo. Even the neurologist doesn't know which it is. The drug company knows, and I am pretty sure I'm getting the real deal. Meanwhile I continue to take my prescribed medicine. Next time I see this neurologist, we will decide if I should get some adjustment of medications. He promised to have an opinion, and I hope the drug company will tell us if I was taking the placebo.


Yesterday I got the last staple out of my scalp. Anyway I certainly hope it was the last. I went to my general practioner for this. She had to call her surgeon husband for an opinion about proceeding. It didn't hurt as badly as it did last week for extraction of the other three staples. Rose was tempted to just pull that last on out with a staple puller. (That is actually the tool they use.)



Brother Joe reminded me that Monday, January 4, was the anniversary of Dad's death. He was only 49. He said the kids that were school age were on the way home from the one-room Anderson school when Dad died. Margaret thinks she wasn't really school age but went anyway, and that Bernie came along the road and picked them up. Think how hard that must have been for Mom.

No comments: