Monday, February 08, 2010

Good morning. Again we're up early. Rose is 'cleaning for the cleaning ladies'. Theu're supposed to be here at eight and though we have a bit of snow on the ground from last night the roads are probably not bad. Scott and the boys were here for the weekend but left way ahead of the snow and it usually goes from west to east.
Pete called Saturday at his usual time but Brayden and Jalen were here and I never did get around to calling him back since we were doing something when he called. Thank you, Pete, for calling me back yesterday afternoon. He had some bad news. He has prostate cancer. The doctor detected it when his PSA (whatever that is) was up and antibiotics didn't lower it. He will see a radiologist on Wednesday and begin his treatment. Janet'a brother, Gene, just had the same thing and in the same stage and was over treatment and fully recovered within two months. Pete promised to call me on Wednesday after he sees the radiologist and I hope he reads this and calls me sooner if I've got anything wrong. I'm going to email him when I finish posting blog because there's some questions about 'prostate' that this household of women don't know.
We celebrated Brayden's seventh birthday this weekend. We got seven cupcakes and each were decorated differently. Aunt Rose, Aunt Shirley and all I went together and got him a new two wheeler at the REI bike shop. We took the bike rack when we went to get it but it fit easily. When Scott loaded up to go back to Louisville it was a bit different but he did manage to get everything on the inside. He rode it as soon as we got home with it and again yesterday before they left. It's a 20 incher and Scott sat on it and Brayden made him get off because he was afraid he'd wreck it! There's a picture of Brayden on it with the last group of pictures.
Shirley has pretty well gotten over her carpal tunnel surgery and now is going to have to have cataract surgery on the 22nd. We three watched the Super Bowl last night and Shirley was overjoyed at the Saints' victory. Rose and I were only rooting for the Saints because we knew it would make Shirley so happy if they did win. Other than that we wouldn't have cared.
Mary Myers has been in and out of the hospital this week. She is probably more in and out than I am! As soon as we're both able, we're going to have lunch together. Rose, too, if she' free whenever we do it. This time Mary had low potassium. She got out of the hospital yesterday but still wasn't feeling good when I talked to her.
Saturday afternoon a group of us (grownups and kids) went to Nascar, Laser-shoot, etc. It was one of the things Jalen and Brayden wanted to do while they were here. They got here late Friday and left yesterday and there wasn't enough time for everything they wanted to do! There were thirteen of us that went and I just sat and watched but the place was too big to see all around me. We bought tickets for an unlimited time and all the different things unlimited and we finally, after 3 hours, had to make them leave. I don't know how long they they would have stayed otherwise. I was probably more tired than they were and I just sat. Beth took pictures but I don't know if we can post them on here She played hard too. Goldman had gone there on Friday on a field trip with his class and after Saturday says he's had enough of that place to last a lifetime. Suzanne had been preparing for their Super Bowl party before she and the kids got there so she was already tired.
Friday, February 5 was Lydia's eighteenth birthday. She is going to graduate from high school this year. Like my kids and grandkids, it seems she grew up in a short eighteen years. I don't think she's decided on a college yet.
Just tried to call Margaret and got no answer. Rose and I going to try to get out there this week. We figure she probably has lots of company on weekends so we'll go this week during the week. If there's anything new with her I'll post again later. I know she goes to the dining room for breakfast but usually takes her cell phone with her.

No comments: