Friday, February 19, 2010

It's been a few days since my last post but my excuse is that I've just been lazy! I have several bits of good news that I want to pass along. Last evening as I was going out the door with Goldman and Ding (Rose and Shirley were with clients) my phone rang. It was Margaret calling to tell me that she will be released to go home much earlier than her doctor anticipated. It's still much later than she's been ready to leave that place in spite of her posh surroundings. She thinks she will get to go home next week on Tuesday. Rose thinks I maybe said Thursday and I just called her but had to leave a message and she hasn't returned my call yet. She just now returned my call and says it's Tuesday and her getting out then may be tentative. She is doing really well and the therapy is great help. Pete will call in the morning and I'll update again.



Ding and I went out to dinner last night. We invited Goldman but he had papers to grade. Ding called me from Marshfield that one day a few weeks ago. This week he went by Rose's condo in Chicago. Do you call that Really Getting Around? Ding is really looking forward to the trip to see Kelly and the boys. Mark, too. The boys will probably show them up skiing! The old guys ages will show. They aren't boys anymore even though I have to lecture most of them about wearing socks. They tend to forget them.



I've started a new regime of physical therapy and hope to 'keep up good work'. It is strenous. I've always ridden the exercycle quite a bit, but I'm trying to increase distance and time and strength. Strength is I guess what you call it when you have to pedal harder. The treadmill is harder for me to use. For one thing I'll probably have to have the angioplast or stent put in my right leg because it hurts when I walk any time or/or distance. The neurorologist wants me to wait just a little before I do that. This therapist wants to see me twice a week and so does the hand therapist. The hand therapist told me things about my hands and muscles that I'd never been told before. She's going to do some electrical stimulation to show where the most active muscles going to and in my hands and we'll go from there. She was amazed when I told her how I type. Both therapists were.



Scott is coming over from Louisville tonight. We're sorely disappointed that he's not bringing the boys Rose and Shirley have a Jungian get together tonight and tomorrow so if he brought the boys they wouldn't get to see much of them. The boys would just want to go to Hollensbes, but I'd go with them. I'd have to go to their basement, though, to see much of them. They play down there.



Shirley is having cataract surgery on Monday. Since she just had that carpal tunnel surgery on her wrist she's getting to be adapted to the atmosphere of those places. She will have the other eye done in two weeks. The place where I have therapy is near home enough that whoever takes me can come home during my session especially during back to back hand and physical therapy.



Since Rose and Shirley have their Jungian meeting we are going to need to eat early. I'm going to stay home and wait for Scott to get here. Now he says he may go on over to Columbia and meet some friends. I offered to take him and another friend out to dinner when they get here but he doesn't know yet if he'll be hungry! He would have been hungry 25 years ago.

No comments: