Friday, March 19, 2010

Another Spring time day here again but it's not going to be such a nice weekend. I've not got a lot to post about though Bro Joe is back on line and we're communicating with our computers. Rose and Shirley are still 'down in their backs' but Rose says she only hurts when she moves. Shirley had a treatment today that helped somewhat. I called Margaret Ann this morning and she's just waiting for time to heal somewhat and she will be able to 'get around'. She was pleased that Donald had called her.
Brother Joe and I chatted a long time on line today. First we made plans to meet for lunch at the lake Monday noon. I'm going down with Goldman early Monday. Then he remembered something with the railroad club (I think, correct me if I'm wrong, Joe) in Pittsburg, KS late Monday afternoon. After that he remembered that Lisa and Lydia were going to the Big Apple Monday afternoon and he was going to ferry them to the airport. The National Honor Language Society paid Lisa's expenses and Papa paid Lydia's airfare and she is bunking with Lisa. I'm forgetful like that, too.
Today I did make it to both my therapy sessions. I had also rode the exercycle 2 miles before I left. The physical therapist was a real worker and gave me a real workout. She also complimented me on how well I did. I hadn't had her do my lesson before. She had me do a lot of pushes and pulls and show my strength. The neurologist measured it yesterday and it seemed to me like more strength today than yesterday but they were different machines.
Rose went to hand therapy with me. The therapist showed me some exercises for Rose to help me with but since I'd had the seizure last week she didn't try the electrical stimulus. She had done the ultrasound before but we just worked on muscle stimulus and finger and hand movement. Rose also really liked the hand therapist. The physical therapist that I usually see is on a fishing trip.
My friend, Mary Myers, was in St. Lukes this morning and called me this afternoon while I was in therapy. I just tried to call her and got her recorder. I'm going to go call the hospital to see if she had to go back.

No comments: