Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I had a cute story from the weekend. When Scott and Ding were young boys they used to go spend time in the summers with Pete and Janet and family at their farm. They always got new tennis shoes and I always cautioned them NOT to 'slop' the hogs in their new shoes. Scott always called me about two days after they got there to tattle that Ding was 'slopping' the hogs in his new shoes!

I can't remember which one of the boys disliked going to church the most but asked me before leaving for Idaho every summer if Uncle Pete and Aunt Janet went to church. I always responded that they di--but my boys still wanted to go. They were baptized, made their First Communion, and were confirmed and went weekly to religion class and often to mass, all these at home in St. Louis, much to their protest. Just going to Mass with Aunt Janet and Uncle Pete wasn't as bad. They had such a good time out there doing lots of things.

When Brayden was here on Saturday night, we ate at the dining room table. We were getting ready to begin and Brayden folded his hands and asked "Aren't we going to pray?" Rose, Shirley, and I immediately folded our hands and prayed. Later I asked him did he and Dad and Jalen pray when they ate at home. He replied yes they did. Then hesitated a bit and added "but only when you're there." Shirley added to that we're best about praying when he's here!

I told Scott this story when he came by to get Brayden Sunday afternoon. His response was that he's glad the boys get some exposure to prayer! I'm going over to Louisville for a few days in April and I'll try to give them some more exposure to prayer, if Brayden reminds me.

No comments: