Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm thinking people are sending news from other parts of the states because I don't have any news from St. Louis. Today I've heard from Pete, Margaret and Donald. Joe is back on line so we have talked several times. Of course, I had Pete's Saturday morning call which I thoroughly enjoy. He and Janet must have been talking together with me. We had a long conversation and caught up on everything in Idaho. Janet had a treatment on Wednesday which still isn't working very well but they're hoping it kicks in and takes effect. Rose and I never knew how Pete got the name 'Pete'. We asked Joe. 'Self-named'. was the reply. There was Uncle Louis, Dad was James Louis, and he could have been J. L. So Pete chose Pete. Rose and I figured Joe had chosen the name 'Pete'. He nicknamed most of us.
Donald was in Birmingham after being in St. Louis the first part of the week for Vita's Aunt's funeral. They didn't have time to stop and visit for a while because their plane was late arriving and leaving but said they would try to do so next time.
I called Margaret and she was in good spirits and had talked to Pete this morning and to Donald yesterday. She and Norm were still at Robbie and Catrina's and were sitting in the sunshine late yesterday afternoon but it's a bit cooler today.
Brother Joe caught me up to date on Springfield some last night. Lisa and Lydia are off to the Big Apple on Monday. Girls, send pictures that we can post on the blog. I love it when people admire you on the blog. It makes me so proud!
I Emailed Sandi in Portland this morning and asked her to update us on the FeLLins. We miss hearing from you. Pete asked me today if I'd heard from you recently. I'd just Emailed and Pete was going to call them. I also asked Joe if he had heard anything from Aunt Virginia and family. I think I have Mike's Email address here.
Rose has gone to take a nap and then she and I are going shopping for perhaps some bunkbeds for the lake house. That will give us 2 more sleeping spaces when we have a full house. I will have the 2 mattresses so will only need 2 more. Goldman and I are going down there Monday and coming back Tuesday. The guys are then having work weekend next weekend.

No comments: