Friday, March 05, 2010

It's Friday and it feels like Spring today. Maybe it's finally going to be something besides winter. Daylight Savings Time begins on the 14th and the guys are having their work weekend the weekend of the 26th. Any of you guys that want to come are more than welcome. I know the main projects are staining the back deck and putting more shelves in the dungeon closet. Check with the foreman (Doug) for any further ideas. It shouldn't be too hard a weekend. Let's hope for good weather.

Norman is in the recovery room. Margaret called me a few minutes ago to tell me the doctor had just come out to talk to them and said things went fine. Margaret wasn't going to go home until she got to see him. She wasn't sure he would even know she was there because he would still be sedated. Robbie stayed with her last night and took her to the hospital today. She had told me that Norman would have to stay in the hospital a couple more days.

Last night Goldman and I went to see Mary Myers at St. Lukes Hospital. The doctors had found the stent in her heart was clogged so they put a stent in a stent. I'm sure that's what they did though it sounds like I typed it wrong. We met Lynn, Mary's husband, leaving as we were going in, so she loved having more company. She and Goldman have the same birthdays in November (much different years) and she's going to throw them a big party. He and I went to a sports bar for supper. I'm not sure how many TV's there were. The hamburgers were great but neither one of us drink beer.

I had another two hours of therapy this morning. My legs are pretty strong so we spend a lot of the time working on ways to improve my balance. I ride the exercycle every day - almost - and look forward to good weather and walking outside. The physical therapist shows me lots of other little tricks, and I can see I improve at even just the hour I'm there. The hand therapist sees hope for improving my fingers and hands. The strength in my arms is very good. When someone is afflicted the way I am she tends to compensate by using the stronger parts that work best. Now I'm working hard especially on my hands. I type with an eraser end of a pencil and a little piece of red tubing wrapped on the pencil. I've gotten pretty fast! But what I've been doing is making the stronger part stronger and letting the weaker part get weaker. So every day I do some ASDFJKL; Do some of you remember that from typing class?

No comments: