Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I've been waiting to post because I've been awaiting for some more info on some news we had gotten last night, and we got it this evening. Norman (who has been so devotedly supportive to Margaret in her troubles and pain and discomfort) just keeled over and fainted yesterday afternoon. Margaret still isn't able to do much of anything, so she called the kids who convinced him he should go to the emergency room. I guess the hospital was full because I don't think he got a room until this morning. They did several tests and doped him up with pain pills. I think he was in tremendous pain in his back. I believe the pain caused him to faint. An MRI finally found a herniated disc in his back and 3 bulging discs. This is not nearly so bad as all of us here in Missouri imagined it could be. It IS fixable. They're doing surgery day after tomorrow and he will only have to stay in the hospital a couple days after the surgery. Margaret and Norm have such wonderful kids who do things for them and with them. Their grandkids are great too.
Ding and Mark Lary left early this morning for Kelly's in Boise, Idaho. I hope we hear from them at least once while they're gone. I have more to update but supper is almost ready and I wanted to get this in about Norm. Say a prayer for him please, Everybody.

No comments: