Monday, March 22, 2010

Just a quick update update to let everyone know that Norm is getting out of the hospital today. Catrina went over there to get him. She probably didn't get much rest last night and Margaret said she didn't either. I don't know how long they stayed with Abbott last night and Catrina went back this morning early so she would be sure to catch the doctor. They did know he had been diagnosed with diabetes but the medicine he's taking is not insulin. My knowledge of diabetes goes back a long time. I'll update again after while. Margaret did say he felt much better and was really glad to see Rose and me. It's a beautiful day here and hopefully he can sit outside when they get back to Robbie and Catrina's. The 'boys' were with Margaret when I called. I'm not sure who the 'boys' were. They sounded like men!! If I got any of this wrong, please correct me.
Margaret sent me a forward on Sam's trip to Australia. I don't know how to put it on this blog so I'll have Goldman help me on my next post. Sam isn't at his goal yet so any little bit helps.
Goldman picked me up at 8 this morning for our trip to the lake. The water is way down but the ducks are swimming around. When Denny and I used to come down we always stopped for 6 dozen medium shiners right before we got to the dam. We really missed him when we didn't stop there. Doug will stop there on Thursday. We always said " Not all fishermen are liars but a lot of liars fish." That suits them both. My physical therapist is a fisherman.
Mad Dog got here just about the same time we did. They've been planning the work for the weekend. Goldman gets nervous when the gas gauge gets to a quarter full. We were eager to get here so he reluctantly let the 'gas light' go on. I reassured we could coast OR he could walk to the filling station. WE MADE IT. I didn't even ask how much it cost or how many gallons it took.
I haven't even talked to Rose today. The boys had a bachelor party last time any one used this place and it looked great. Goldman set up both computers. I hope these young men are as good to their mothers as they are to me. Goldman is cooking stirfry for dinner and did the grocery shopping for dinner. Mad Dog blew the spring droppings off the porch and washed the outside porches. Scott and Ding, did you ever do that?
.

No comments: