Sunday, April 04, 2010

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!! It's early this Sunday morning and the sun isn't even up yet but the forecast predicts a beautiful Spring day. The flowers and trees up and down the street in front of the house (back, too) are blooming and looking marvelous.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY TO KELLY AND UPCOMING TO STEPHANIE!! Kelly and the boys are over to Pete and Janet's for the holiday. They were going to ski and fish. Hap to You, Kelly. I don't remember being as young as your boys or hardly remember my boys being so young. Nancy and family are at Donald's place in Florida. Quite different from Idaho when Pete and I talked yesterday! It was snowing and skiing weather in Idaho. I asked if they would enjoy fishing in that sort of cold weather. They just like to fish in any atmosphere! Denny was that way too. So is Doug! There was some fishing done at the lake last weekend but it wasn't Idaho weather in Missouri.



Pete called yesterday with his weekly call. Brother Joe had emailed me earlier to tell me that he and David were going to Pittsburg, KS and wouldn't be home when Pete called so would I catch him up on the news. First, Pete wanted to know what Joe and David were going to Pittsburg, KS for. Pete said Pittsburg is in lapland, where Missoiri laps over into Kansas. I didn't know why they were going to Pittsburg. Maybe to add to their fleet of sailboats?



I have an update from Joe about Lydia and her future plans. William Jewell College is in Liberty, MO which is near Kansas City. In Joe's email, Lydia hasn't made her final decision yet. Scott is in Kansas City this weekend. He went through Friday night and didn't stop to see us but said he will stop for a little while this evening on his way home.

Some more BIG news. Rose bought an Ipad! (I'm not even sure if I spell it right.) Shirley went with her to the Apple store yesterday afternoon. Shirley did not want one and Rose was just going to look. Rose came home with one and Shirley came home wanting one but is going to wait. I might be able to operate one but, like Shirley, will wait. That's Brayden's advice about getting one! Wait! I'm not sure why.

Ding couldn't make Thursday night for dinner because he was on call. It was Passover week for Goldman but we went to dinner on Thursday evening. Suzanne had made him manicotti on Wednesday night and she sent some leftovers home to Groves. I don't know if that's a Passover meal or not but Goldman said it was delicious.

I hear Shirley up now. She's usually the last one to bed and the last one up. I'm first one up and first to bed. As Joe used to call me, Lazy Lizy Lizard. Rose and I have this continuing contest to see who weighs least. She keeps overfeeding me at supper which does not help my part of the contest. I have to keep reminding her that I am taller.

I'm not sure what the Abbotts are doing for Easter. They love sitting out in their back and the weather is supposed to cooperate. It's too early to call them because they may still sleeping. Will update more later.

No comments: