Sunday, April 18, 2010

I was the first one up again. I was also the first one to go to bed again. I did watch the Cardinals lose that long game. The game on Friday had a Grad Slam with the bases loaded!! That was spectacular!! Groves is a hockey fan and he was watching some playoff on his computer which us baseball fans paid no attention to. He didn't care about the baseball game either. The guys played Risk again after the games were over. I retired to my bed.

I don't really have much news to post. The weather was wonderful. Mad Dog made pork chops, fried potatoes ((Idaho Russets), and broccoli for supper. It was the first time he had cooked broccoli in 12 years but I don't think there was any left. Ding made tuna salad for lunch but Mad Dog made supper in about the same amount of time. Supper was so good that they didn't have to tell me to clean up my plate. The tuna salad was 'just like I used to make - like Momma taught me' very good.

They're up now. Ding just went to the store to get a loaf of bread and charge his phone on the trip (modern technology). They're making bacon and eggs for breakfast. Dave and Judy came over yesterday and visited for a while. Most of the neighbors aren't down this weekend. I talked to Rose several times. She had some kind of meetings she had to attend yesterday. I don't think Shirley had to attend. We had Rose's car and she had the little orange car. I bet she was cute in it.

When I went to the therapist Friday she told me that rowing a kayak was good for strengthening a person's one's arms and hands. Then she sorta backed off because of the water. I told her I'd have to wear a life jacket and have a two person kayak. I've been doing my exercises regularly and the therapist is pleased with my progress. I'm sure Brayden and Jalen will play catch with me next week when I'm in Louisville.

No comments: