Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'm at the lake house this morning with Mad Dog, Groves, and Ding. I rode down with Mad Dog and we got here first. The work they did during guys' week was just great. It rained heavy a lot on the way down but today looks to be a beautiful day. I think Groves and Mad Dog are in the new bunk beds but I don't know if they're in the top or lower bunks. Neither one is heavy so it doesn't worry me. The guys were up until at least three A.M. so I'm sure they'll sleep in. They played RISK, an old fashioned board game. They played for money and I saw some pennies laying around. We had dinner at Ruthie D's, not one of Brayden's favorite places.
Pete just called. He had gone to the doctor yesterday and now doesn't have to go back for six months. Kelly is going to take the boys skiing tomorrow. Needless to say, their weather is nothing like ours. He had found a hired man but Kelly had swiped him so now he's looking for another one. He had already talked to Brother Joe before he called me. He said he had talked to Donald last week who had talked to Wanda Jean and heard some news about her health and we'd like to hear it and post it on the blog, Donald.
Margaret sent the email about her and Norm and how they're doing. They talk to Mary Pauline every Sunday and we'd like to hear about her, too. Is she still in Great Bend? How did those Felins end up in Great Bend?
Jana sent some pictures that I don't know how to post and Rose hasn't had time. When Ding gets up I'll nag him into doing that. We love pictures. Pete and I talked about the amazing accomplishments of the last twenty years. Brayden, at seven, can do more and knows more about the current accomplishments. He doesn't even recognize them as accomplishmenys.
I tried to get Brother Joe to come up for at least the day but Lydia's great-grandmother died and he felt he should hang around. Also, there was something at the Technical College today that he wasn't sure David was going to be involved in.

No comments: