Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I'm not sure why the pictures that Rose posted yesterday didn't come through and neither is Rose but she'll post them again. We're not sure if a person can post on the Ipad and I don't even want one if you can't. Rose has an Apple lesson on Saturday and I'll go along and find out. What I'd really like to do this Saturday and Sunday is go to the lake but the weather isn't predicted to be as nice as it has been being and I don't think anyone is planning on going this weekend. I have a therapy session Friday and then dinner at Mark and Karen's which I'm really looking forward to.


The countertops and burners are in place and look marvelous. We were without a kitchen for a few days but the end result was well worth it. The three of us ate out at a superb seafood place (anyway, we all had fish) one night. It outranked Miss Muzzy's by a long way. Goldman and I went out last night and tonight Ding and I are going out even though it's not our usual Thursday night. Shelly can't join us because she's babysitting her little cousins.


I had a long chat with Margaret this morning. She says she and Norm are both slowly mending. I personally know what 'slowly' must mean to them. She had her therapy yesterday and will have the therapist come tomorrow again. Her pain (I'm not sure where) was worse today than usual she said but was lightening up some.


I talked to Brother Joe on line for a while yesterday. He finally had to get off line to go watch the grass grow. It just darkened up here and thundered loudly. I think we're about to have a very bad storm. Rose and I were going to buy bedding plants but may not after all. Back to news from Joe: Lisa leaves Thursday for Albuquerque, N.M. The trip is part of her award. Joe is hoping she stops by on her home from school that day because he's a candidate for taking her to the airport and hoping to do so.

I went to see my favorite neurologist, Dr. Hogan, on Tuesday. My potassium level was back to norman. He's the doctor who is from West Plains and was born in the same hospital as I was and the one where Brother Joe volunteers on Tuesday. He told me his grandfather had a hospital in West Plains and was also a physician. It made me think of Birdie Helms. Do any of you remember the Helms? They lived in the Young's house across thr street from us before Mr. and Mrs. Young and Elston lived there..

Dr. Garrity, the vascular surgeon, has now scheduled the stent on my left leg for next Tuesday, April 13. He will do the right leg on April 29. I'm having an IVIG on April 27. I'm flying to Louisville on April 21 and back on the 26th. I'm hoping the stents relieves the pain which is worse right now with most any exercise. The pain tends to be most always worse in my left leg.

I've had to stop posting for a little while and go with Rose to try to get some impatiens bedding plants. Lowes' had a great price in an ad in the morning paper but when we got there they didn't have any yet! We stopped by Home Depot and the few they had were pitiful. Joe said he had gardened one day this week til his butt was dragging. How long was that, Joe? Idaho is still having freezing weather, isn't it, Pete or Janet?

Ding will be here pretty soon to pick me up. He has to drop something off at a hospital and this is sorta on the way so he's coming by here on his way to this hospital. I don't know where we're going for dinner. Shirley and Rose will be able to fix their supper in the kitchen with the new countertops and the new rangetop. Next step is for them on the kitchen update is to agree on a paint color and then for Dave Smith to paint. Rose is busy in there right now cleaning cabinets. She says some of the stuff she took out has beeb there 7 or 8 years and never been used. After paint and painting comes window treatments. Sometimes thry make me be the deciding vote. A difficult position to be in!!

No comments: