Friday, April 09, 2010

This will probably be a short post because I'm expecting Ding and Shelly to stop and get me soon. We are going to Mark and Karen's for dinner and the evening and that's always an enjoyable event. The two of them make great host and hostess.

Wednesday evening Ding and I went over to St. Charles for dinner and then took a ride through memory lane. We went by all the places I used to live (not Ding. He wasn't born yet.) Pio's looks pretty from the outside. We didn't eat there. Bross's Restaurant has been torn down and is now part of Lindenwood. Rose's Kingshighway house is still there but is part of Lindenwood. Sabrina's old house and Scott's old house are both there. The house next to 331 Jackson is For Sale for $199,000. 331 looks pretty good. Clay Street is now called First Capitol. There's no grocery store at 501 First Capitol but the building is still there and looks to be thriving. Ding had a lot of questions about the bridges over the Missouri and the construction dates of the highways that I couldn't remember the years they were built but I could remember the volume of traffic and the heavy backups.

I had therapy today for two hours and also napped for a couple long hours. Joe did take Lisa to the airport yesterday evening. He and I had an IM conversation the other day about places to eat in Marshfield 'back in the old days' and also in the conversation about some of the things Momma fed us. Rose is having a potato pancake tonight - just like Momma used to make. Except for one thing - how were there ever any leftover mashed potatoes? It's hard enough around here!

I talked to Margaret for a while this morning. She said she and Norman are slowly mending and feeling better as each day goes on. She did say Norm is 'thin as a rail'. Rose and I are still competing to see who can be thinnest. She usually weighs just a tiny bit less but this is the first time maybe ever.

No comments: