Monday, May 03, 2010

I'm back from the lake and today looks like it's going to be a much nicer day than yesterday. We left around noon. Beth and her mother, Alice, went one way and we went the other way. It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed getting acquainted with Alice. We did a lot of visiting. Saturday afternoon Scott and Beth took the boys to Miner Mike's (whatever that is) while Alice and I visited and Mad Dog pulled weeds. Mad Dog stayed down with his dad after we left and also was going to finish cleaning up. He sure is a great kid. Beth made Chicken Cordon bleu for dinner Saturday evening. I'm not sure I even spelled it right. I know I never could have made it, especially that good. Work weekend for the neighborhood association is May 15. I have several volunteers already but could always use more.

Rose has several clients today and a video seminar tonight. She's in the kitchen making breakfast now. Which reminds me, I talked to brother Donald Saturday. Julie and Jennifer have bought another restaurant in Cameron, MO. That's about 15 miles from the one they have. I'm hoping to get over there to see them sometime this summer and Donald said they're there often so maybe we can meet up. He said maybe I can eat at both places. I don't know how I'll work up that much appetite. Perhaps Goldman will bring me. He has a good appetite and may help!

Brother Pete wouldn't tell me how much he made off the auction. He said he didn't know but also said he hadn't bet on a horse in the Kentucky Derby. Mine and Rose's bet didn't pay off. We should have done like Brayden suggested - bet on every horse. The track was sure muddy.

Both Brayden and Jalen play on baseball teams and follow the St. Louis Cardinals. Brayden likes to tease Shirley about the Cubs because she likes them and he doesn't. One or both has a game or practice almost every night. One of Scott's friends brought some baseballs here for them so they could have batting practice. Brayden will play catch with Scott as long as Scott will play. Batting practice may wear Scott out quicker. I'm eager to find out.

No comments: