Saturday, May 08, 2010

I'm here at the lake again. This time with Ding, Mad Dog and Groves. Ding and I ate at Ruthie D's Thursday night, the place Brayden does NOT like. He may have been glad he had school on Friday so he didn't have to go there. It's a bit chilly this morning but Pete and Janet had snow day before yesterday and 29 degrees today so I guess it's not so bad here. The sun is shining.
A neighbor couple (Dave and Judy) came over to visit yesterday afternoon. They live here year round and are so nice to keep an eye on the place. The census man came here and though I'm the only original owner, I hardly know anyone. I sent him over to their house. Dave first came over to scold me about siccing the census man on them.
Ding made breakfast. Mad Dog made dinner last night. Mad Dog is doing dishes right now. Shelly got a new position at the zoo which she thinks she will like much better. She will start training Monday (I think) and will be working with animals. I hope sometime we can take Brayden and Jalen to one of her presentations.
Scott and the boys sent me flowers for Mother's Day. Beth sent a package from Kansas City. Ding and Mad Dog are going to plant flowers down here today. All my children are so good to me that I wonder that I deserve it. I can't count how many. As one old man down here says "How many kids does that old woman have?" I always have room for more.

No comments: