Friday, May 07, 2010

Joe sent Sue an interesting e-mail with some history:

"I sent the following to Pete yesterday and later thought all of you might be interested as it is sort of Turnbo, Northview and Greenwood news, all in one. The RR's location may be close to Greenwood church & cemetery, also the former Greenwood Rural School.

Bro Joe
see below:
__________________________________________________________________________________

Saw Johnny Pekarek and his son James at the RR Model show yesterday. The following will get you to the Pekarek miniature RR link. www.nfrailroad.com I am not sure just where near Northview but think it is north of Interstate 44 close to the Northview exit. Johnny says he lives east of Niangua, MO on 40 acres.

Sometime in June, either 8th or 15th I think?, they will assemble it at The Railroad Historical Museum, Inc. in Springfield www.rrhistoricalmuseum.zoomshare.com (where I play train, according to Mary).

Bro Joe"

I remember that the Marshfield Mail newspaper included a column entitled "Greenwood Items." Is this THAT Greenwood? I know also that our paternal grandmother, Katie LaFoe, was from Northview, right?

No comments: