Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scott, Beth, Mad Dog, Groves, Doug and I came down to the lake Friday. Scott and Beth and Groves and Scott and I got here in time for dinner so we ate at my favorite place - Ruthie D's. I think the kids played poker after I went to bed and they stayed up half the night.

After we were all up and Beth had fixed breakfast, Doug got a call that his youngest brother had been found dead early that morning. Someone found him in bed and called 911 when he couldn't be awakened. Kyle was 28 years old. We don't know much more at this point. Doug left here immediately. He called us after he got back to St. Louis. He said his parents are devestated. Kyle wasn't married. Doug has one other brother.

Our plan for the weekend was to paint the underside of the roof of the big dock but, after we heard the bad news, no one felt like starting the project. Besides that it rained off and on all day and was very humid. They did get rid of some of my weeds.

No comments: