Friday, June 18, 2010

I'll try to get caught up on local events though I know I'm way behind. The service for Mary Myers was last night and the burial will be this private this morning at Jefferson Barracks Cemetery. Rose sort of led the service last night and did a great job. Margaret and Norman and Sabrina and Ding were all there. The place was quite crowded. Ding also talked a bit about Mary. He's never 'not known Mary'. Very nicely put and true.

Now I'll go back to last weekend. It was me and 5 guys at the lake house. This would never have happened when I was young and better looking. It was Mad Dog, Groves, Goldman, Doug, and Ray. The boat had a bad starter and Doug took it to a place that rebuilds them because the boat is so old that they don't make new ones and, they would cost more than the rebuilt one. Doug left it at the place and I think Mad Dog is picking it up this weekend. Doug will reinstall it next time he's down.

Us lucky old ladies have Brayden since Wednesday. Goldman and I met Scott half way to Louisville to get him. Scott's coming over this evening and Aunt Rose is going to meet him somewhere near Busch Stadium with Brayden and tickets (compliments of Mark Lary). Brayden loves baseball and they're going to see the Cardinals play. After the game or in the morning the two of them are coming to the lake. I'll either go down with Groves or Mad Dog this afternoon.

More later. Maudie and Sandi will get here tomorrow.

No comments: