Monday, June 07, 2010

It was an eventful weekend. Ding may be getting tired of his mother! We went out for lunch again on Saturday. Actually we were looking for a good place for the whole group of us to get together when Maudie and Sandi are here. Sabrina had suggested this place - Stephina's in either O'Fallon or Wentzville. Ding and I went there on Saturday and Margaret and Norman and I went there on Sunday. In O'Fallon both days. The menu varies from hamburgers to pizza to steaks so I think there would be something for everyone. We need to get a head count so we can make a reservation. Does the 20th work for everyone?

On Sunday Randy and Lynn had a graduation party for Amanda. There was probably at least 40 people there. They live way out in the country - and I mean WAY OUT - and seem to love their way of life. Catrina and family and Sabrina family were there but Stef and Dan couldn't make it. We had barbeque and lots of other delicious food. Then we had cake for the graduate. Rose took me as far as the Abbotts and picked me up out there but had preparation to do for a class she's teaching. She regretted missing seeing every one and missing the delightful occasion.

Margaret is really doing well. I was amazed to see her getting around so well. She has the lift that goes up the half flight of stairs in their foyer which is fun to ride. Same way with Randy's go cart. I think Norm did the cooking for a little while but she found she much prefers her own. Norm, whose do you prefer? I prefer hers to mine.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd fallen out of bed and hurt my hand. I had the MRI yesterday and they told me today it is broken. A nurse called and didn't know how they will treat it. I've never had a cast and neither has Rose nor Ding or Scott. I have an appointment with an orthopedic doctor in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you guys had already left by the timne we got there! Sunday the 20th Jacob will be making his debut as the lead singer in a Christian rock band,in the Battle for Pointfest so we will be unable to attend. Hope everyone has a great time.