Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm here at the lake and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. We had a torrential storm night before last but it passed soon. The west side windows even leaked on the top of them which has never happened in all the years I've had this place. I got here Monday with Goldman and Mad Dog, Lynch (his brother), and Madeline, Lynch's 12 year old daughter. She is a delight. She helped in the kitchen - without being told - and did other chores around the house that she noticed needed to be done. She and Lynch had to leave already this morning. We have pictures that I'll have Rose post later.

The boat overheated last time we were down here. This time we couldn't get the waverunner to start. Doug hasn't had a chance to check them out so we're waiting for his opinion. The good news for Doug is that Lynch can install a new toilet in my bathroom. One less chore for Doug. Pete, should I move the 'Furlined' sign to my bathroom when he's done?

I talked to Joe on line yesterday. Lisa has gone to Spain for ten days. His grandaughter will be going to William Jewell this fall so I bet Springfield is going to be lonely. There's more news from Idaho. Pete is doing great. They close on the farm on August 6. Donald called me yesterday. He and Vita were coming to Missouri to pick up the grandsons and take them for a vacation at the beach. Julie and Jennifer are going to come get them. He was eager for us to get together as am I- and Brother Joe when I mentioned it to him.

REMEMBER This is Girls' Weekend. I hope to see many of you. Goldman and Mad Dog are leaving tomorrow.

No comments: