Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sue's stepchildren, Denny's son and daughter, are facing a serious challenge with great and caring courage right now. Here is Kim's description of their situation:


"WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2010 10:44 PM, CDT

My brother Aaron is 4 years younger than me (no need to mention my age) and I would have never dreamed that I would be helping him in this way. He was diagnosed with Kidney Failure several months ago, and discovered that he would need a transplant to survive. This has lead him and I and our family on this journey to find the perfect donor. That perfect match turned out to me. I am very exciting and willing to do this and thought I would share our story for those interested. And maybe lead someone else in the direction to do such a thing as offer a kidney to a loved one. I will share as much as I can about the process, because you never know when one person's story might inspire or help someone else through a difficult time or decision.

Today is exactly 14 days from surgery. (Tuesday, August 3rd.) Aaron and I spent the day Monday at Barnes doing the final tests to make sure our blood is still compatible and that all steps are taken to make sure his body will accept my kidney. We are both very nervous and ready to get it over with. We are told that the chances are slim that his body would reject the transplant due to the fact siblings are usually the best match. Supposedly my recovery will be more painful, but his will take longer. My expected time in hospital is 3-4 days and his 5-7. I will keep you posted on our surgery, recovery and whatever else happens during the next couple of months.

Keep us in your prayers......"

We will post news about Kim and Aaron as we receive it.

No comments: