Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Today's the day Aaron has the kidney transplant from Kim. We're here at the lake and thinking and praying for them. I hope it goes successfully and quickly and without a lot of pain. I don't know how long a procedure it is. They're at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis.

Now to other news. I had lots of company over the weekend. Doug found a boat that seems like the perfect one for us. He and Groves and I went and looked at it and test drove it Saturday morning. We can't pick it up until this coming Saturday morning. It's a 23 ft. Four Winns and they even had the owners' manuals. Pete, for a while the old 18 ft. Bayliner looked good. Could you send me a postdated check?

We had some people over for dinner last night. Eric had been here years ago and later had tried to buy the house next door. They did buy one in the same cove. He and Julie had relatives from Denver visiting and the little ones (some who had been here before)asked right away if they could go to the pool. Shelly made enchiladas for dinner which were delicious. They came by boat.

My boys have said they'll ski when I get a different boat. Eric picked Ding up in his boat and DING GOT UP! Once he took a head over heels spill but that may have been when he was trying to drop one. We saw the spill. He did finally drop one, too.

Goldman didn't get here until yesterday because Saturday night was his 25th class reunion. Scott was in that class too but chose to come down here. Brayden and I rode down with Dave Smith on Friday. Brayden had to ride sideways in Dave's truck and textmessaged Scott complaining about his sideways ride. We saw little of him after Josie, Lucas and Will (a friend of Lucas) got here. They were all very well behaved. Scott and Brayden had to leave Sunday. Doug and Suzanne had to leave Sunday, too. Groves was supposed to work Sunday. After staying up most of the night Saturday night, he went home AND DIDN'T go to work. It was his birthday.

Mad Dog had the air conditioner on when we got here Friday. We're going to really need it today. Ding and Shelly have to leave today.

Joe sais they moved Aunt Virgina to Marantha Nursing Home. I'm not sure I have the name right or where it is. I hope someone sets me straight. I'm thinking of her.

No comments: