Tuesday, September 07, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Brother Donald. I won't post your age but only say you're the baby of the family. I'm in Louisville right now having ridden back from the lake yesterday with Scott and Brayden. Rose and Shirley are in Chicago and will return to St. Louis Thursday. I'll fly back on Friday. Scott's working today but he and I will go to baseball practice with Brayden this evening.
It was a wonderful holiday weekend at the lake. Weather was perfect. Lots of company and everyone loved the new boat. Lots of food too. The only bad news was the waverunner wasn't fixed and Doug is going to take it to St. Louis and fix it himself. He thought their hourly rate was robbery.
We've got some pictures that Beth and Melissa and Suzanne took but they haven't sent them to me yet. I'll have Rose post them when I get them.
On the way home Goldman rode with us as far as St. Louis so Brayden and I rode in the back seat. I was quizzing him about old cartoon characters. I asked "Who likes spinach?" He looked at me dumbfounded and replied "Nobody". I guess Popeye is no longer around.
I'll update more about the weekend later.

No comments: