Friday, September 10, 2010

I wanted to try to catch up today. I'm still in Louisville and decided to stay until Monday. Brayden has a baseball game on Sunday and though I've seen two practices, I want to see a real game. The coaches are hard on the kids at practice sometimes I think, but maybe that's just the Grandmother in me talking. It's machine pitch. He's not old enough for people pitch. He plays shortstop at practice and I guess he will at the game. He's good at it.

I want to add all the company I had at the lake for the holiday. Doug and Suzanne with Josie and Luke. Two of Luke's buddies, Will and Nick. Goldman and his Suzanne and her three, Maddie, Tim and Ethan. Scott and Brayden. Beth and a friend, Melissa. Groves and Mad Dog. If I forgot anyone, email and remind me. We at extremely well, as usual. With all those kids, there was no squabbling and fighting. Doug drove us in the boat a lot.

There was a meeting Sunday morning of the property owners' association. Doug went with me. It was poolside. The big boat dock is nearly 30 years old and sadly in need of replacement or major fixing up. The meeting was mainly squabbling. I would whisper to Doug some suggestion I was going to make or idea and he would whisper back "Keep your mouth shut". He just didn't want them arguing with me".

No comments: