Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'm nearly a week behind on my updates with no good excuse. Rose wasn't feeling well last Saturday so didn't participate in the run. Sabrina and Brett did get up early and run. Brett came in second his age group by only seven seconds! He came in 10th in a field of over 700. And he didn't train! The young man is a natural. He and Sabrina came by to see us after the race. He is a delightful young man. Of course, we have taken delight in Sabrina for a lot longer time! Brayden was with us and also enjoyed the two of them.

Brother Joe had lunch with Brian Madden one day this week. Brian says Aunt Virginia is 'some better'. Brian has been here to the lake house and knows how to get here so I'm wishing he would come see me sometime, Sean and Mike too. Joe said Brian didn't eat any potatoes at lunch. Pete, I'm not sure I was supposed to tell you that Idaho Russets weren't part of his lunch.

Groves and I here at the lake this morning. I think we made record time getting down here last night. He had my computer ready to go and my pills out and the coffee set up this morning. Shirley was taking Rose out for her birthday dinner last night. I'm not sure if Mad Dog is coming down today or not. It's chilly this morning but supposed to get up to 70 this afternoon.

My left arm has been hurting me a lot so I went back to my primary care physician one day this week and she gave me a cortisone shot. Boy, did it hurt! But not for long. I'm now going to a different therapist and three times a week. It's not far from the house but, even with my walking, too far to walk. Ding and I walked on the Katy Trail one evening this week and then went out for supper. On Thursday evening Shelly prepared an early Thanksgiving dinner for the three of us. She's going to Florida and won't return until Thanksgiving Day and loves to do things like that.

I think Joe and Donald and Rose and I are getting together one morning this week. We're going to try to get Joe to spend the night. Will someone correct me if I'm wrong? Rose and I just talked briefly about it and she hasn't called yet today.

The sun is just rising. I've seen just one fishing boat this morning. Neither of the neighbors on either side are here. Last weekend the boys were here but we had Brayden so had a really good weekend at home. Scott had to pick him early so he could play in two ballgames. His teacher even came to one! Our little Albert Pujols!

No comments: