Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Brother Joe's picture didn't come through, but Rose has lots more of him and Brayden and Jalen and will post them when she has time. Joe got back from Idaho Saturday afternoon and left right away for home. He and Donald were only in Idaho 60 hours, but Joe said they had a wonderful good time. Nancy celebrated her birthday while they were there. I talked to Kelly Saturday morning. He and the boys were there from Boise. I don't know what all the brothers did while together (besides B.S. each other) but they did go see Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park.

Scott and the boys got here Friday evening. The boys didn't mind when he left to go over to Goldman's not long after their arrival. Beth came over from Kansas City Saturday morning. Scott was going to take her on a 'real date' Saturday night. This is how he described it to me. First he asked me if I'd seen the movie "Jackass 1". I haven't. Then have I seen "Jackass 2". I haven't seen it either, but he had seen them both. Now there's a "Jackass 3" that he hadn't seen and was taking her to see. For supper he was taking her to White Castle, but said they was going inside and NOT through the drive-thru. I admire her for her good nature about the whole episode.

Brayden and Jalen were very good all weekend. We took them to Skyzone Saturday afternoon. We got them to leave without any problem because we headed for the Hollensbes for two hours of play time. From there, we went to California Pizza Kitchen. By the time we got home, they were worn out, as were we.

I'm still walking and doing the exercycle and the treadmill. Rose walks, too. We have a continuing contest about our weight. I won't put the amount that I'm talking about, but she wants me to get up to her weight and she's trying to get down to mine. I asked Brayden the other day "Do you think Aunt Rose is heavy?" He looked at me dumbfounded and answered "I don't know. I never tried to lift her."

It's definitely Indian summer here the last few days. Mark and Karen are in New Zealand. I'm hoping to go to the lake this weekend. Scott and Beth are going down there after Thanksgiving Dinner, and we get to keep Brayden.

No comments: