Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's been a busy week. We had a very nice Thanksgiving at Mark and Karen's. Scott and Brayden and I got back from Louisville late Wednesday. Scott spent the rest of the evening with some friends and we got Brayden. Jalen didn't come and we missed him very much. The soon-to-be parents, Katie and Austin, nor Drew were home for Thanksgiving, and we also missed them very much. Karen cooked a delicious turkey and trimmings. Brayden is thankful on this occasion for cows and pigs. Cows for milk and pigs for footballs! He and I aren't sure what baseballs are made of but he's thankful for whatever they are made from.

Friday afternoon we got a surprise phone call from Donald and Vita. They were in town and had time to stop and visit and catch up on recent happenings. They were in town with their girls and their families. Brayden had a shy spell and would hardly say hello but when Goldman came over, he acted quite differently. Donald and Vita had family commitments and couldn't stay long.

I had my first Apple computer lesson yesterday and will have the second one on Thursday. Believe me, I have a lot to learn. I was reluctant about taking lessons because of my hands, but I got a very patient young man (cute, too) for a teacher. I hope I get him again on Thursday.

My friends Liz and Dave took me out to dinner Friday evening. Liz and I worked together at GMAC for years. She now has been working in their Chicago office since there is no St. Louis office and they are no longer GMAC but are now called Allied. She and Dave have two sons of whom they are modestly proud. They should brag a lot. The older one is getting his chiropractor license in December and the other one is studying to be a radiologist. We're going out for an evening when Liz comes in for Christmas and I'm hoping we can get together with Sam and Leslie from Springfield for that evening. Leslie, if Chase can come he can be my date.

Brayden got to go play with the Hollensbe kids while he was here. That was the first thing he asked me when he found out he was going to be staying with us for a few days. Goldman and I dropped him off at their house and Rose and I picked him up. Rose had to rest while he was visiting and after he went home. She played a lot of baseball in "Old Ladies Stadium" which is what he dubbed the front hall. We had snow on Thanksgiving Day and it's turned cold so there wasn't much playing outside.

No comments: