Friday, December 17, 2010

I wanted to post about our trip to Evansville right away so this may be a short post since I'm low on time right now. I did have my Apple lesson this week but between me and the teacher, we couldn't post any pictures of anyone other than myself. I may have to purchase an I-phone. That's how Rose takes pictures of other people but we don't see many of her.

Chris and I went out to dinner last night. Shelly couldn't join us as she was babysitting. We went over to St. Charles and he took me on a tour of all the places I used to live. I remember brother Joe coming home when we had moved and he found us by just looking for the place with all the lights on!

Today Mark and Karen picked me up and took me down to southern Illinois, a little town called Evansville where Brick grew up. Much of it is much the same. The Sinclair station which was his dad's occupation is still there but no longer doing business. They also raised some animals but there were none around. Someone was peering out the windows at us so we assumed they lived in the house. Main street hasn't changed very much in many years. The bridge over the Kaskaskia River has one lane closed and is under some reconstruction. We had lunch at a local diner which even had a salad bar. Their hamburgers were good and Karen liked their onion rings and had those instead of their French fries. We visited the cemetery where Mark's dad and grandparents are buried.

We've had some very cold weather here in Missouri and snow an ice with school closings. Goldman didn't have to teach yesterday but he didn't mind. Scott and the boys will be here tomorrow and Beth will be coming over, too. We're going to have our family Christmas to accommodate those who need to be in two different places at Christmas time.

No comments: