Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Rose again, updating on Sue's Blogger account. I forgot to add one very pleasant event of the past week. Chase Heilman, son of Sue's Springfield neighbor Leslie, had arranged with Sue to come by for a visit last Saturday. With all that went down, Sue, Shirley, and I forgot all about Chase. Midafternoon Chase arrived. He was so sorry to hear about Sue's misfortune, but came in and visited with Shirley and me anyway. Chase is a filmmaker and photographer and is extremely conversant with Apple computer technology. He fixed a problem Shirley had with her iMac, chatted for a time, then went off to the hospital to see Sue. Shirley and I know Chase and his brother Jeff only through Sue. They grew up in the years Sue and the Heilmans were neighbors. It was so good for us to see this vibrant, interesting, and alive young man. Chase seemed genuinely interested in who Shirley and I are and was, of course, very concerned for Sue.

As for Sue, this was another very hard day. The rehab facility mixed up her meds, something Chris and I thought was straightened out last evening. God knows what Sue has been getting; she was very fuzzy, confused, and sleepy. After several conversations with nurses, physical therapists, and finally the physician in charge, I believe the meds are now right. This facility leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder what happens to people who have no advocate. Chris and I stay after the nurses and aides, but we can't be around as much as Sue needs.

No comments: