Saturday, January 22, 2011

I missed Pete and Janet's call while ago and I guess Joe wasn't waiting for the call nearby so Pete was feeling like we were avoiding him. Perhaps we were both seeing Ms. Jones. (or is that Mrs. Jones?) I can look out the window and see lots of snow. On of Joe's windy stories was that when he got his first pair of shoes, he kept running backward in the snow to see the tracks he made. Really, the first escalator any of the eight of us rode was probably in the Heer's store in Springfield. [Two memories Joe shared with me in an e-mail.]

Rose has clients this morning and is then heading this way. The baby shower for Katie is today. The pending parents may have time to stop by here before heading back to Kansas. March 3 is Kate's due date and I'm sure she's ready to deliver. Chris and Shelly have worked all week preparing for the occasion, and I hope someone takes pictures and posts them so we can see the happenings.

I had an email from Sandy (Bob's daughter). She and Debbie had been to see Ralph and Pauline. They talked about my hair and how dark it was when I was little. Needless to say, it is more salt and pepper now. In fact, as the pictures show, more salt than pepper. Margaret and Sabrina may come to see me this afternoon and I'll see if Sabrina has one of those phones with a camera (and Rose happens to be here) so we can get the sisters' pictures taken together.

The weather is still bitter cold and I believe more winter is headed our way. Scott went to Kansas City this weekend to see Beth and, since I haven't heard, I assume he got there okay. Weather was bad in Louisville, too. The boys didn't have school.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Granny Sue! I'm really sorry we weren't able to stop by when we were in town for the shower. Between the shower and doing things for my mom we were very rushed. And we had to get back to Kansas before the next snow storm and in time to get Rosa from the dog kennel. Shelly put together a wonderful shower though. I posted some pictures on facebook so you should be able to take a look. Wish you could have been there and I hope I get to see you soon! The due date is only about 2 1/2 weeks away now, so you should be a great grandma before long!
Love you!
Kate