Friday, January 28, 2011

I think I got this working right. Margaret and I did some attempts at other things which didn’t work so I’m really hoping I don’t erase all my typing. Margaret and Norman just left and we had a wonderful visit. They are so proud of their grandchildren – and children, too.

My roommate here at the Center left for surgery this morning, and I’m hoping she will share the room for her recovery. She was up and dressed and ready to go when I awoke at 5 A.M.

Tuesday was Elvis Presley’s birthday celebration. 75th we calculated. He would fit right in here. There was the party with an impersonator entertaining. In the pictures on the blog, Jalen and Brayden – separately – thought the Elvis impersonator looked like Uncle Ding. Scott explained that the character was an impersonator. ‘Doesn’t Granny know Elvis is dead?” was Brayden’s response after Scott tried to explain what he meant, and Brayden probably still doesn’t get it.

I haven’t had therapy yet today so I’m hoping they get here soon. The news yesterday was that I will have X-rays on Feb. 14. After the surgeon sees the X-rays, he may or may not let me go home that day. I get more therapy doing it this way. Rose was here already today and she hasn’t missed a day – MBFF. She said that to me yesterday. Figure it out.

Chuck installed a new electrical connection for the lift for the stairs yesterday. He’s going to repair whatever damage he did to the drywall today. Chuck is one of the boys’ friends and is handy like Doug.

Doug is in the process of remodeling his basement and Mad Dog is helping him. I’m eager to see the finished produc. It’s now Friday and I started this entry yesterday. Any one who reads it can probably figure that out.

One of the therapists just came in and told me the house doctor has just approved restorative therapy until at least my next X-ray (Feb. 14) which will determine my weight bearing status, now at 25%. This means I will be here at least until Feb. 14 which means in-house therapy, same room, 24/7 care, and lots of help which I still need. After the surgeon sees an in-house X-ray on the 14th, the weight bearing status may change, and I may or may not be eligible to leave. The X-rays will determine if I should continue therapy at a higher weight bearing status.

No comments: