Saturday, February 26, 2011

I’m counting the days until I leave this place. Today is the 26th and I’ll go home on the 2rd. That’s 4 more days. I’m so tired of these same four walls in my room, same clothes, and some of the same dishes on the menu.

Scott is coming over and going to the lake next weekend, and I hope I feel like going down with him. Brayden can read at fourth/fifth grade level so I can’t finish the itinerary right now. He reads the blog. It’s the annual subdivision meeting and there’s some controversy about the damage and repair to the community dock after the snowstorm. I want to attend the home-owners’ meeting.

Pete called with his usual Saturday morning call. Kelly and his boys had a really great time in Colorado. Ding losing his phone overnight on the Continental Divide was a big topic of conversation with both the Felins and the Spreitlers. They all stopped to pee on the Continental Divide (a geology lesson for the boys I am sure), and Ding dropped his phone. It was in the middle of a snowstorm. He didn’t realize it until he got back to Mark’s house. They stopped by the next morning, and after ten minutes John found it. They charged it up and it has been fine since.

Ding just stopped here. We walked, and he talked some about Colorado. He said he would stop again tomorrow though he’s on call and could possibly get summoned to go somewhere. He had a couple calls last night and didn’t get home until 12:30 a.

My friend Liz has finished her kidney stone procedure and will be allowed to go back to work on Feb. 28. Liz will come back on the 16th to see the kidney doctor and hopefully have the stent removed. Next day she and Dave will leave for their 30th Anniversary trip.

No comments: