Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This may be a longer than usual update. I’ve been doing lots of therapy since I can put the 50% weight on my bad foot. This morning Rose came over so she could learn more about assisting me in the few stairs I’ll have to manage when I get home. This was while working with the physical therapist. I had told him about the family ski trip to Colorado. He then mentioned the blue football field in Boise. I told him I knew about it and birds fly into it thinking it’s water and die. He said someone was telling me a story.

I eat lunch and dinner in the dining room with three guys one who graduated from Notre Dame and after that was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. He’s the same age as me. After he was drafted, he didn’t make the team. He said he was so tough no one would come within 10 feet of him. One of the other guys said perhaps he should have used deodorant. I wanted to ask him about the Boise football field, but he didn’t show up for dinner. Scott says it’s true and you can look it up on the computer. Kelly and boys, can you verify this story and send pictures?

Chris and Shelly got home around midnight last night. (I started this update Tuesday and it’s now Wednesday that I’m working on finishing this entry. ) He called me on the way to work today and was in a big traffic jam. Shelly was going to clean the Lexus and return it to Rose today. Chris is going to stop on his way home from work.

Scott called Sunday. He and Brayden were watching the Daytona 500. He called again yesterday because he thought they were going to release me or know when I would be released. I finally learned yesterday that I will probably go home on the 2nd or 3rd of March. It depends on X-rays and the surgeon

I walk and do steps every day. Rose walks with me and I do as much walking as I am able to do. The steps are a new accomplishment in the last week. I play Bingo twice a week and have only won one time and that was the first evening I played.

No comments: