Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The weather has finally warmed up somewhat, but there’s still snow on the ground from the dreadful cold. Of course, it hasn’t affected me much since I’ve only been out about three times and that was to see doctors. I am awaiting results of reports from the surgeon now from X-rays on my ankle that were taken last night.

I may not get this finished before I have to go to lunch but will try. Saturday was Brayden’s 8th birthday, and he and Jalen and Scott came over here for his birthday party. Beth came from Kansas City. Groves and Goldman attended. Uncle Ding, Aunt Shelly, Aunt Shirley. Aunt Rose, the Hollensbes, and Granny were in attendance. This facility has a room that can be reserved for such occasions, and it was perfect for this party. We had cake after having pizza. After opening gifts and eating, Scott and Beth took Brayden, Lukas, Jalen and Josie to Skyzone.

After the party, I had laid down (still dressed this time) when Liz and Dave came to see me. What a pleasant surprise! Liz will have her kidney stones dissolved the 17th. I’m not sure that’s the right word is dissolved, but hopefully the pain will decease. Margaret is having cataract surgery today, but I haven’s heard since the surgery.

Chris and Shelly are heading for Colorado on Thursday morning and will meet Kelly and the boys in Denver Thursday evening. All four will then go to Mark and Karen’s place in ski territory. Mark and Karen will be there.

Late News: I had X-rays yesterday and got the results today. I’m now on 50% weight bearing status for my broken foot rather than the 25%. I will have to wear the cast at least three more weeks regardless. We will learn more maybe as early as tomorrow. The physical therapist in charge and my social worker will assess what more I can gain from being here for more intensive therapy. That assessment will determine whether I go home right away or stay a while longer.

No comments: