Thursday, March 03, 2011

I'm home finally. The party was really great. Everyone at BJEC heard about it and wanted to know how it went. After the party was over, Sabrina and Nels and I played Bingo but, needless to say, we didn't win. Nels wins more often than I do but this wasn't his lucky evening either. I plan on going back - just for Bingo games - but not for such a long stay.

I'm going to the surgeon this afternoon and hope to get the cast off. I think it's been on for TEN weeks. The weather is supposed to be nice and then be cooler for the weekend at the lake. After I get the cast off I'd like to go to a shoe store and get two matching shoes.
========

I was off the computer all day. Rose took me to the surgeon and he removed the cast! There was a lot of yucky stuff under it when he sawed it off - Rose called him Sawbones. She said she had heard that term all her life and now knows why they're called that. Sawbones was appropriate for him. Two of my toes were covered by the cast and I was worried the nails were ingrown. He said not to worry. He cut those two off so I wouldn't have to worry. I liked his sense of humor. I got in the bathtub when we got home and soaked. I still have some soaking to do.

I am now a great grandmother. Katie (Mark's daughter) and her husband Austin have a new baby girl. She weighed 6 lbs. 15oz. and her name is Attia Anne Elser. They live in Kansas City, and I think Mark and Karen went over for the event. Since she was born on March 1, she is already a lucky child. If February 2011 had 29 days, she would have a lot fewer birthdays. It's Mark's first grandchild. Congratulations!!

I talked to Brother Joe on line this morning. He had gotten up about 3:30 A.M. to take Lisa to the airport. She had to go to Indianapolis. Joe knows I'm going to be at the lake this weekend and I'm trying to get him to come see me and bring any or all his family. We haven't had a visit in a long time.

No comments: