Saturday, March 05, 2011

I'm up early but went to bed early. I rode down here to the lake with Scott bas he passed through St. Louis yesterday afternoon . Beth had dinner almost ready when we got here and the other guys were already here but only a short while ahead of us. I wear this wide belt that someone holds on for stability and Doug said it's like holding a dog on a leash. He nor Groves nor Mad Dog had seen me without the cast. Groves is sleeping on the sofa in case I need anything. Mad Dog had the coffee ready so we just had to push a button.

Doug is going to the subdivision meeting about the big dock with me. He knows more about this sort of thing than me or my other boys. Remember, someone wondered how many kids does that old lady has. He's one of them. He also wants to get some fishing in though it turned cold overnight. They're all still sleeping.

The extended care facility wasn't so bad - now that I'm out. I made lots of friends and the therapy was really helpful. I will start home therapy on Monday - occupational and physical. I had been doing a lot of walking before I broke my ankle so the break happened at an opportune time - if there was such a thing. I rode the exercycle both days I was home and have one here at the lake house and will ride it today and tomorrow.

Rose and Shirley were faithful in their visits, kept my laundry done, brought me goodies, and kept my spirits up. They are such good companions. I think Rose deletes any posts that compliments them so now I can post this myself.

No comments: