Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I’m writing this update to post really good news – I’m finally going home tomorrow! Rose is going to pick me up at 12:15 and I will be waiting out front. I’ve hardly seen the outdoors since December 17 except for a trip to the doctor. I had X-rays yesterday. The surgeon hasn’t called yet, but my therapist says that’s the plan. He believes enough time has passed for my ankle to have healed and that I can use it sufficiently to walk. I’m not sure when I will get this cast off, but I’ll be glad to wear my jeans again. My jeans won’t slide over my cast.

I’ve having a ‘going away’ party tonight. Ding is bringing ribs, potato salad (made with Idaho Russets), cole slaw and dinner rolls for supper. We’re having it in the room where we had Brayden’s birthday party. Goldman, Mad Dog, Groves, Sabrina, Rose, Shelly, Chris, myself, and three men I’ve met here, got acquainted with, and eat lunch and dinner with. We also play Bingo – but not for money. They have the nickname of ‘Bad Boys’. They have wonderful senses of humor and tease each other AND ME all the time. They’re really looking forward to the party. They have also asked me to come back and visit and eat with them after I get out of here. I’ll ask what’s on the menu before I come back to have dinners with them. The prime rib here was not named properly. It’s not PRIME! I won’t come back on that night.

We had a storm night before last and tornado warnings. Margaret called me to let me know they had survived the storm and to make sure we had also done so. She said Norm even wanted to go downstairs which is unlike Norm. It’s sunny today but chilly.

I talked to Scott this morning and told him I’m going home tomorrow. He said I’ve been saying this for weeks. This time I told him I really mean it. He’s coming over this weekend because I had asked him to go to the homeowners’ meeting at the lake with me on Saturday. The big community dock was damaged beyond repair in the last big snow/ice storm and our homeowners’ association has to make decisions about insurance and repair.

The therapist just came in and asked if I’d heard yet from the surgeon. I haven’t. He is going to see one more patient and then call the doctor.


It’s now several hours later. I can 100% weight bear on my bad foot now. The therapist and I walked this afternoon, and Rose and I had already walked earlier today. I may walk some more after the party or getting to the party. I’m not sure any of my relatives like pushing an empty wheelchair.

I’ve been talking to Fat Jack who is still in that extended care facility in Illinois. ‘Extended care facility’ is a better name of his facility than ‘old folks home’ and I think both he and I believe this is true. Groves is going to take me over to see him as soon as I’m able.

No comments: