Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm going to start this post but may have to finish it in two parts. I had five young men this weekend who got a lot accomplished (mostly Doug with Ding, Groves, Goldman and Mad Dog as helpers and gophers). They played cards until the wee small hours of the morning. When I played Bingo with my pals at BJEC last week I won a deck of cards which I brought with me. After some playing with the old deck, they guys decided to count the cards. They had been playing with a deck of 51! My winning came in handy.

Their major accomplishment was the installation of the stairlift. I thought I was going to learn some new words. Doug had never installed one before. We had country music on the TV. He is taking blood pressure medicine, and when I ask if his blood pressure was okay these days, he replied, "It's pretty high right now, what with this country music and the stair lift". Needless to say, he and his helpers did a good job. On Sunday morning Doug and Groves put the wave runner back in the water and on the lift. Doug had done some major work on it this winter. He did catch a 3lb. 7oz. bass, so I think that helped calm his blood pressure. Also, he got to ride the stair lift first!

Goldman is still sleeping {snoring). He sleeps in the dungeon in case I need anything in the morning. Everyone is more comfortable since I ride downstairs in the lift. I always get up first. It's raining this morning with thunder and lightning but is supposed to clear up. We had a torrential rain yesterday morning, but it didn't last all day.

Scott, Beth, Brayden, Jalen, Mad Dog and Groves will be here this weekend. Each of the boys is bringing friends The Hollensbes can't come so they will have other kids to play with . Goldman is going to St. Louis for his sister's 50th birthday party. John and Jana and the girls will get here the19th through the 23rd. Chase, my neighbor's son in Springfield who was just a boy when Den and I lived there, called me Saturday evening. He is now a professional photographer. He will come see me sometime toward the end of the month. I called Leslie Sunday after Doug caught the bass. Sam (Leslie's husband) loves fishing so I'm hoping they come up soon.

Pete called Saturday morning with his weekly call. He had had his first cataract done so now he says his bad eye is his good eye. Nancy had gone to Spokane to help Caitlin get settled in, and Merri had come out and cut their grass. Pete had already talked to Joe and said he's been busy at the RR Museum. .

No comments: