Monday, July 04, 2011

Margaret sent an update about Norman to Sue and me last night:

Sabrina and I just got home from the hospital. It's 9:45 Sunday evening and the fireworks are really being fired off around here as there is no ban against them in this section of the county YET.

The patient, Mr. Abbott, was almost back to himself this evening. He was watching UNDERCOVER BOSS and stayed awake for the complete program. He is still very weak. Tonight he ate all his dinner and said he could have eaten his plate too. He has not eaten much since being there, now two weeks.

We are taking it one day at a time. He seems to be doing really well with his surgery, and right now it is the least of our worries. He has had a unit of blood and doesn't expect to need more. I told him just look at it as a pay-back for all the blood he gave when he was a military man. With his name starting with A, the medics were after him like a bunch of vampires. Nothing will be done about the cancer until his other problems are taken care of.

After being through all this, I have decided it is easier to be the one in the hospital bed. I think I will go to bed now. It has been a long day, and I am sure tomorrow will not be any shorter.

I love you sisters and will be talking to you tomorrow. Marg

No comments: