Monday, August 29, 2011

I just spent a great weekend at the lake with great weather and great company. Doug spent lots of his time pulling the kids around on the 'red thing' AKA 'Orbit 3 Towable'. The kids would start bugging him about 'how long before we can go?' He finally told them 9 hours if they ask him one more time.

I rode down with Groves on Friday after finding out that I'm going to have the cataract in my right eye fixed sometime over the winter. Other people had already arrived at the lake house. I don't know Tim and Katie, good friends of my sons and their friends, very well, and all the kids were either outside or playing video games. I thought Tim and Katie's two boys said hello to me when I got there as did Josie and Lukas. When I got up next morning, I thought I was seeing double! I blamed it on the cataract. I wasn't seeing double! Tim and Katie have 3 boys - twins and a brother 3 years older. Doug and Suzanne and the kids won't be there for Labor Day, but I hope Doug gets to do more fishing when he comes next time. We need a good fish fry.

Scott and Beth and Chris and Shelly all went to the Cardinal game here in St. Louis on Friday. The Cardinals did win but have a day off today. I didn't hear from either of my boy this weekend so, luckily, I had my adoptees. Mad Dog had the air conditioner turned on so the house wasn't so hot when we arrived Friday.

I talked briefly with Margaret on Friday. She had some Abbott relatives {Charles and Joyce] visiting from North Carolina - not the flooding part. When Charles was visiting a few years ago, I told and showed him the FEDEX Arrow. He sent me a card after they went home with a picture of a FEDEX truck and wrote that he never sees one without looking for the arrow. Goldman is also a FEDEX truck arrow looker. Rose also.

I'm on the trail of someone to stay at the lake with me for the rest of the season. Julie and Jennifer know this woman in Plattsburgh who they believe might be ideal. Donald called me first to be certain it would be okay for the girls to broach the subject. He called the woman after one of them had talked to her and then called me back and gave me her number. We're going to meet ASAP. Thank you. Donald, Julie, and Jennifer.

No comments: