Tuesday, August 09, 2011


















































I'll pick up where I left off last week. I had dinner Thursday at BJEC with my buddies over there, and we played Bingo after that. Nels is leaving and going to some facility in Richmond Heights. They play Bingo there too, so Nels is looking forward to my coming there and not just going for dinner and Bingo at BJEC. Jack did win one round but gave me his prize. I've started a collection of prizes at the lake house so I'm striving for more.

Friday morning I went to see Dr. Hogan - one of the neurologists I see at the Center for Advanced Medicine - and I believe he was pleased about the way things are going. He left the medication he gives me the same. My blood pressure was somewhat low and he suggested I call my primary care physician, but Rose and I have been checking it and it's been fine since. I don't go back to Hogan again until Oct. 31.

That evening Groves and I drove down to the lake. Some people arrived before we did. I'll just list my company and what a great weekend it was. Doug and Suzanne, their two, Lukas and Josie, and two of Luke's friends, Will and Nick, Danny Cullinane and his daughter, Catherine. Mad Dog got there Saturday afternoon. Doug did a lot of boat driving for the kids on the 'tube' or 'red thing' as we call it. I think Doug did clean one mess of fish for a future fish fry. On Sunday, we ALL got in the boat, ME, TOO, and went to a restaurant for lunch.

Pete called Saturday morning for his weekly update. He thought it was hot in Idaho at 90. He 'ain't seen nuthin yet'. When I was riding in the boat Sunday and we'd hit a wake and it would splash up on me, it felt so good. In a 'No Wake' area, it was very hot. The heat index was much above whatever it was in Idaho, Pete. I'd just try to get a cooling splash but usually to no avail.

Groves brought me home on Sunday. Goldman had to have his classroom set up before the students, so he had to work on Monday to o other prep work. Brayden and Jalen start next Monday. This weekend is the annual float trip/wiffle ball tournament, so we may get to keep the boys.

Personally, I hate for school to start. This means I can't stay at the lake house as much as I'd like. If any of my readers would like Goldman's position this summer now that he has to go back to his teaching occupation, just let me know. This is probably a less strenuous job. At least I hope so! He teaches Junior High students.

I'm going out to Margaret's and spend the day with her tomorrow. Rose is going to take me out there and spend part of the day with us. Ding may come get me. Maybe the three of us (or four if Shelly could join us) could have dinner together.

No comments: