Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm back in St. Louis again after spending the week with Scott and the boys. Chris drove me half way and Scott was to meet us at the half way point. Chris and I stopped at a rest area and one of our cell phones rang. It was Rose. She had found my suitcase outside the house near where Chris had parked. I wasn't worried about my clothes thinking that if I bought a couple outfits - and there would be sales on summer stuff this time of the year- but all my medications were in it. Rose hopped in the car and headed our way, and Chris and I turned around back to meet her. Chris and I crossed the Kaskaskia River 3 times that evening and I guess Chris crossed it again after he dropped me off with Scott. I'm sure both my sons were very tired next day.

Saturday was Pete and Janet's weekly call. They were having a family barbecue at their place Saturday night. Janet was making something with zucchini in it for her contribution to the BBQ. She used to make this when my boys would go out there and spend time in the summers, but my boys didn't know there was zucchini in it. They may still be that way. Like Denny, who wouldn't anything that grew on the dark side of a tree - that is, mushrooms.

I didn't nag Scott to take pictures of the boys while I was there, but he may have done some anyway. Ding had a great one of Rose that he took the day I went to Louisville but I'm going to have to nag him to post that one especially. She had just got back from the hairdresser. I'm going down to the lake tomorrow with Groves. The Hollensbes, Cullinanes, Mad Dog, and also another couple will be there. I've missed two weekends so I'm really looking forward to being there.

No comments: