Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I've been intending to update for quite a while and must do so before I forget all that's been happening here. Shirley still hasn't completely recovered from the ailment she picked up about the time she and Rose were coming back from Sedona. She and Rose plan to drive to Chicago this weekend, but she's still she's not going to feel up to it. She is 'some better' today.

I went to Margaret's one day last week and spent the day and evening. Stef and Dan came for supper and they cooked some great steaks. One of their neighbors joined us. Rose dropped me off and stayed as long as she could, and then Ding picked me up that night.

I got my hair cut one evening last week. If I put this in the blog I can look back and see when I had my last cut. Groves picked me up and then we went to Pasta House for dinner. I had fettucuine (I don't think I spelled it right!) and took a doggie bag home. Rose ate some that evening, and we took the rest to Margaret's for our lunch.

We had Brayden and Jalen this weekend because most of the big kids went on a float/wiffle ball tournament down on the Black River. Those participating were: Goldman, Mad Dog, Mike and Rachel Lynch, Scott, Beth, Mike Taylor, Scott Kanter, and Ding and Shelly. Groves was sick and hated missing the event. Doug and Suzanne don't enjoy the wiffle ball, and Doug says that's mostly what it is. I missed being at the lake but having Brayden and Jalen here helped.

The boys started school today but were scheduled to begin yesterday. Jalen was looking forward to it while Brayden was dreading the start and school in general. Just as they were getting in the car for the long drive back to Louisville, their mother called to tell the boys there had been a bad storm in Louisville and school was cancelled for Monday.. Brayden went running down the street with his arms yelling in relief. NO SCHOOL MONDAY!!!!

No comments: