Wednesday, August 03, 2011

We had a great weekend this past weekend. Groves and Ding came down Friday evening. Shelly had planned on coming but had to go to a funeral with her mother. Goldman cooked a big brisket on Friday and we're still eating some of the leftovers. If he ever quits teaching, I'm sure he could find work as a chef. I dread getting on the scales when I get home.

Goldman's goal for the summer was the completion of his book and HE'S DONE IT. After several years of composition, research and interviews, the main portion is finished. There's still a lot of work to be done and now he's going over notes that Rachel Lynch (Mad Dog's sister-in-law) provided and stuff he's reading that he wrote when he first began the book. Uncle Pete said I should tell him to get on an early morning show to advertise it. Sadly enough, he doesn't get up in time.

Sandi called me Saturday to let us know she and Maudie had got home safely. Rose and Shirley got back from Sedona late Saturday. I guess it's a long drive from Sedona to Phoenix. Pete called with his weekly call. He had already talked to Joe and Margaret. Joe and David were in the process of installing a hot water heater. Joe, you should have just called a plumber and put the charges on Pete's credit card.

On Saturday last weekend, Eric and Julie Nichols and their two kids, Ryan and John, and Chris and Jane Crawford with their two, Kate and Nathan, came for dinner. The Nichols have a lake house fairly close and the Crawfords were staying with them so they all came by boat. They had been here before and the kids immediately wanted to go to the pool. Ding and Shelly had made enchiladas at home and Shelly sent them with Ding. That was our entree for dinner. Some of the kids ate brisket sandwiches and chips. The chips, especially for the kids, were an appetizer.

Ding and Groves had to leave Sunday. Ding had yard work to do but Groves stuck around because both Goldman and I thought Chase was coming Sunday evening and Groves has never met him. I called Chase but he didn't answer his cell phone. Then I called Leslie and didn't know where he was but texted him for me and he called and we had just misunderstood. He got here Monday morning but had to leave yesterday.

Chase is a professional photographer and though he said he would take some pictures while he was here and post them for me - HE DIDN'T DO IT.. There weren't enough guys here for a hot poker game so he's says he will be back fairly soon to take and post some pictures but ...I'm suspicious but I also love to see him come visit any time. Chase has a portion of his photographic work on the net at chaseheilman.com It's very interesting to look at.

Doug and Suzanne and the kids {Lukas and Josie} and one of Luke's friends are coming down this weekend. Suzanne had some sad news this week. Her stepdad died of pancreatic cancer. He had been ill for sometime. He and Suzanne's mother resided in Sequim, WA. The memorial service will be held on August 21 so they're going ahead with their weekend here. I'm glad they're coming and hope they will just relax and have a good time.

Goldman and I are going back to St. Louis tomorrow. I'm having dinner and playing Bingo with my old buddies at BJEC tomorrow evening. I have an appointment with my neurologist on Friday. I'll come back down Friday with Groves. Mad Dog just got back down and had dinner with us and thinks he can stay for the weekend.

This has been a long post, especially as slowly as I type. It's ben a great summer being here as much as I have. I just talked to Margaret and Sabrina and plan on spending a day with Margaret when I get back off my summer schedule.

No comments: