Thursday, September 29, 2011

Again, I'm a bit slow on my postings but will try to do at least some updating before dinner. Sis is out walking and Shirley is taking a nap. Sis took me to the dentist this afternoon. I had a cap fall off one of my front teeth Monday evening while Goldman and I were eating a hamburger on the way home from visiting Fat Jack. Luckily I didn't swallow the cap and have been eating very carefully until I got the first opening with the dentist. It didn't take long to fix, and Rose and I both got our flu shots on our way home.

I caught Brother Joe on IM this morning. He had seen Sean last week and Sean was going to meet up with Mike at the winery. They were going to work on Mike's tractor. I think Joe knows he can catch up with Sean when Sean's Mustang is parked where he works.

I rode down to the lake last Friday, again with Groves. I had told Doug I would go with whomever went first, but Doug was ready earlier and went ahead. Remember, the stair lift wasn't working when Groves and I left the Sunday before. Doug had it fixed when I got there and believes that whatever happened will never happen again. Also, he cleaned 30 pieces of fish. Mad Dog came for supper and cards Saturday night.

Brother Pete called with his Saturday morning call. Janet had been cooking zucchini bread and zucchini cookies. My boys loved anything she baked when they were little and got to stay with Uncle Pete and Aunt Janet. Pete had talked to Brother Donald last week and he and Vita were in Plattsburgh for a grandson's 12th birthday. I talked with Donald one day this week about this Kathy woman. I can't get in touch with her so I'm looking for someone else. I've waited 5 weeks.

Erica has posted lots of photos of her Spanish adventure on her Facebook page since she arrived there last week. Unfortunately, someone stole her camera! We learned Amanda is working on the possibility of studying in London for a few months. We whole-heartedly approve of the adventuresome spirit of these young folk. Erica worked very hard all summer to make her dream come true. We are rooting for Amanda.

No comments: