Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Today is Brother Donald's birthday! Happy Birthday, Donald! My other siblings don't like their ages posted so I won't post yours either, especially since it's so close to mine.

I've been exchanging Emails with Donald's daughter, Jennifer. She and Julie, his other daughter, are the ones who found me this possible companion to finish the season at the lake. Rose and I are going to meet with her at the lake house Friday, and this will let her get the 'lay of the land,' and we can visit and get acquainted. Her name is Kathy. Julie and Jennifer really like her and say she's always reminded them of me. I consider that a compliment.

Catrina had to go back for outpatient testing this morning but won't get any results from these tests until tomorrow. She and Margaret went somewhere out in the country to get grapes yesterday. I believe the grapes were going to be for making jelly. I'm not sure about the jelly part. Maybe they wouldn't last that long. We sure like grapes in this house.

It was a great Labor Day weekend at the lake. I rode down with Goldman. Mad Dog was there and had supper going. Groves arrived soon after and then Beth and a 5 year old friend - Phillip. Scott and 3 boys were the last to arrive. The weather wasn't hot but not cold either. There wasn't much swimming done, but Beth did take them to the pool. It is supposedly heated but not very warm. They didn't stay long.

I don't think I've posted this earlier but Scott has a hernia and is having surgery next Monday. He keeps trying to assure me that it's no big deal now and is a simple outpatient surgery. Ding is going over and stay with him for a couple days. The boys will enjoy that. I'm sure he'll have to play outside with them.

No comments: