Saturday, October 29, 2011

A funny incident happened when I was riding to Columbia on my way to Kansas City last weekend. I was going that far with Goldman and Mike Lynch where Beth was meeting us. When Goldman and Mike came to pick me up, Rose offered to let us use the 'company car,' which Uncle Pete has dubbed Rose's Lexus. The guys refused her offer, and we left in Goldman's Acura.

This red Acura is the Acura I bought when Den and I lived in Springfield. When I no longer needed it, Ding says he had it a while. Next, I sold it to Scott. It wasn't big enough for him and the two boys so eventually I got it back and sold it to Goldman. When Goldman takes me or drives me anyplace, we can almost always hear him coming. The car needs a muffler and I'm pretty sure it needs other things, but it gets us wherever we're going. We usually take the 'company car'. That evening we got to Columbia and Goldman got out to greet Beth and pump gas. I heard Goldman exclaim loudly ' OOh My God!' We had lost the sunroof somewhere along the way. It may have a noise but with other noise in that car none of us heard it. It was an eventful trip as the car also turned over 200,000 miles.

After the guys got back to St. Louis in the Acura (and Mike and Goldman didn't get wet), Goldman Emailed Aunt Rose "I guess we should have taken the 'company car'.

I believe I may have found a companion who fits all the qualifications that I described in a previous post. We found him through a friend of Rose's. He had taken care of the friend's mother until the mother had to go into a nursing home. His name is Cameron, and we'll go to the lake on the 1st. We both agreed we will give it a trial period.

No comments: